Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow day, sorta

My morning started with a phone call from my sister. She had seen on TV that school was canceled but hadn't gotten the "official" call yet.  It came shortly afterwards. This is our third snow day for the 2010-11 school year. Quite unusual for Southeast Arkansas - quite unusual considering this is what I saw when I got out of bed.

Doesn't look like much, I know.  This bit of snow is not the reason we got a snow day; it is the threat of more to come and the teeny bits of sleet that are falling now and can't be seen in the picture.

I have cooked breakfast for Lovey and the boys. Bundled them up and sent them out to work.  Cold, wintery weather does not make for an easy day for farmers and their sons. Farmers' wives, who are school teachers and have had a rather crazy few days which included an out-of-town-overnight-stay workshop, another workshop, and parent/teacher conferences, tend to claim the said wintery weather as an excuse to not get out of PJs all day.

I may be feeling a little guilty for claiming a PJ day, but I think I'll go make Lovey some tamales. He'll enjoy the surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment