Wednesday, March 14, 2012

a farm morning

I'm enjoying this warm early-spring afternoons. And the time change is always welcome around here. Having an extra hour of daylight when I get home from school makes me want to do more. But there is another reason that I love daylight saving time - the mornings.

Yes, I grumble when that alarm chirps.

Yes, it's hard to get up when it's so dark outside.

Yes, I stumble around in the dark for the first few minutes I'm up.

But every now and then, I time it just right. Like this morning. I got up, made the coffee, took my shower, and then went into the living room to let the dogs out. And saw the prettiest foggy, blue sunrise.





Even the moon waited around to see this beautiful sunrise.




I don't think I've ever seen a blue sunrise. It was stunning. It was eerie. It was mesmerizing.



I like this one where I can just make out the cows in front of the litter shed.


In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light; and there was light.  - Genesis 1:1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment