Saturday, March 12, 2011

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

It's a beautiful Saturday morning in Southeast Arkansas. Things are quickly greening up; Spring is on its way.

The weeds in my yard know it.


The daffodils know it.


The Bradford pear knows it. It is already molting from flowers to leaves.


The cows know it.  They no longer spend their day huddled around the hay ring waiting on the next bale of hay to be delivered. They are spread across the field chasing the green.


And Lucy Mercer, great American cat wrangler, knows it for sure. Warm spring days are perfect for spontaneous cat rodeos.

I even feel a twinge, a very small twinge but a twinge none the less, of spring cleaning coming over me.  I think I'll sit here and drink my coffee while that passes.

No comments:

Post a Comment