Wednesday, February 15, 2012

i got sunshine on a cloudy day

The weather here in Arkansas has been a perfect match for my mood lately.

Dreary.

Cold.

Yucky.

I've worn a jacket or coat everyday this week. And on Monday, I put it on every time I went outside. And it was my big coat. I even put on my jacket to do afternoon duty yesterday. I rarely have to wear a jacket for afternoon duty.

And today just before time to go home, I put my jacket on in my classroom. I. Never. Do. That. I don't know if it's the crud that keeps hanging on or the damp that just won't go away this week, but I've been cold several times in the last few days.

This evening while I was cooking supper and waiting on the guys to come in, I glanced out the back door just in time to see the sun light up the treeline.


The picture just doesn't do it justice. It was foggy. And the sun reflecting of the bare trees was beautiful. 

I grabbed my camera and went into the yard to take a picture. Without my jacket. In short sleeves. And it felt warmer than it had all day.

It's just amazing how a little sunshine can change things.

No comments:

Post a Comment