Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Solo Hookup

A few days ago, Lovey and I were in Walmart getting groceries for the weekend. While there, I had to check out the camping aisle. And of course, I found a few things that I just had to have. Last year, my sister and nephew pulled my camper to the lake because I was in a workshop. When I got there my cord would not reach the power outlet, so I did what I had to do - I stole my brother's extension cord, and when he got there a few days later, I reminded him to back-in really close to the power outlet. All winter I knew that I needed to buy my own extension. And this weekend I did. But that's not what I'm excited about.

While cruising the camping aisles, I found the Solo Hitch Alignment System.


Lovey was a tad bit doubtful that I needed this. But I reminded him that sometimes I don't have anyone to guide me while I am hooking up to the camper. I can do it, but it takes several get-out-and-looks. I just thought this would be quicker, maybe.

Part of my plans for the weekend included popping up the camper so that I could do some minor repairs, cleaning, and packing for the summer. While Lovey and Baby Jus did the morning pickup, I decided that I would try my new gadget.



First, I backed up sort of close to the camper.



Then put one of the magnetic thingies on the camper hitch.


And one on the truck hitch.


My hitch is a dropped down hitch so that the camper won't have to be so jacked up in the front when I pull it. The thingy on my truck didn't sit up straight in the spot where I was supposed to put it. But I am straight with the camper. See?



I just moved the truck thingy to the level spot on my hitch.

 Backed right up.



All I had to do was lower the camper on to the ball. Easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy.



When the guys got home I had it washed, popped up, and was ready to begin repairs, cleaning, and packing. I needed this Solo Hitch thingy a long time ago. Lovey even commented that he might need to borrow my Solo Hitch sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment