Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Man Shower

Last night Lovey and I went to a Man Shower for my nephew and his bride-to-be. As much as I dislike showers, this one was great. Nothing stuffy. No silly games. No introducing yourself. No passing of gifts.



Everyone piled the gifts on the table as they came in the door.




We had a GREAT meal. Pork loin, potato salad, slaw, beans, stuffed peppers, cake, and lemon ice box pie. Yummy! The stuffed peppers were my favorite. They were awesome. I think I'll make some tonight. As we were getting ready for bed, Lovey said, "Those peppers were really good, weren't they."


Looking at the pile of gifts, my nephew, who married into the family a few years ago, and Lovey, who's wedding was almost 21 years ago, wanted to know why they didn't have a man shower when they got married. I think all of the men were a little jealous of Dusty and his man shower.



Except this little guy. He told Dusty, "I don't want to give you a shower because I don't want to see you naked." Love that!


I loved watching Dusty's face as he opened each gift. It was like watching a little one on Christmas morning; he did love every present.


He will have to guard his loot carefully. His little sister has her eyes on a fancy flashlight that he got. His soon to be father-in-law was eyeballing several of the gifts. And his Daddy really liked the grilling tools.



Two more showers this weekend - hope they are this fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment