Sunday, April 1, 2012

what's blooming

This morning I'm feeling quite a bit better, so I decided to plant the pots at my front door. Because I had everything ready to go, it didn't take long.



I hope to add some impatiens in front of the porch next weekend. The area there never gets sunshine and impatiens will bloom there all summer long.


That front door is just crying out for some sort of springy decoration. Any suggestions?

While I was out there, I decided it was time to fill the hummingbird feeders. I just bought new ones this week - I think they are so pretty.


Since I had the camera out, I walked around the house and snapped a few pictures of the plants and flowers that are loving this warm spring weather.


Here's a hosta next to my front steps. It's huge.


An awkward little corner between the garage and the breezeway. I put this pot there several years ago and didn't take it up that winter. Of course, it was a terribly cold winter with lots of freezing and thawing, and the pot cracked. I like the way it looks broken just as much as I did when it was new, so I leave it there.


Because this wall gets morning sun, the glare of the yellow siding just washed out the gorgeous color of this bed.



I just couldn't get a shot that matched the color of this lorapetulum. It's one of my favorite plants in the yard.


Again with the morning sun glare. But do you see all those blooms?


The lorapetulum is one of my favorites, but these forever roses are my absolute favorite.  They surround my back deck. Honestly, they have gotten so huge that they need to be pruned, but I just can't do it.




Last fall I found two yellow forever roses in the clearance bin at Lowe's. They were sad but still breathing. I planted them at the end of the house, and they are growing nicely in their new home. One has a few blooms already.


I can't wait until they are just as big as the pink roses around back.


This Japanese honeysuckle grows on an old iron bed frame. The butterflies love it.

So what's blooming in your yard?

No comments:

Post a Comment