Wednesday, November 23, 2011

thirty days of thanksgiving 23

Why is a day off in the middle of the week so much sweeter than a Saturday morning? Don't get me wrong; I love my job and will be ready to see my students Monday, but I am LOVING the thought of three days of no school this week.

And it's not about the sleep - I don't really sleep late. And Thanksgiving weekend is traditionally not a weekend where I get much sleep.

It was wonderful to wake up this morning and just snuggle in the covers for a few minutes. I heard Lovey come in from feeding his chickens, but he soon headed back out. I grabbed the phone and called to see what he was up to.  Pigs. We had some pigs in the trap down at the barn, and he was going to see just what was there. I jumped up, threw on some clothes, grabbed my camera, and headed out to see too.



There were five little pigs in the trap. We caught two yesterday, but I was at work and didn't get a chance to see them.



We've been trying to catch pigs for quite a while. They tear up our fields. And then we don't have grass for the cows, or if it's been raining, we have a muddy, sloppy mess.


These pictures were taken just before 7:00 this morning. Then I came back to the house, made coffee and breakfast, and washed some dishes while Lovey vacuumed.

Not a glamorous morning at all. And I know that you sleepers won't agree, but it was a great morning.

Lord, I thank you for simple beginnings. For the everyday and mundane. I know that it is the simple and everyday that make the fireworks and glitter more beautiful. Thank you Father that I can enjoy these next few days with family and friends and then return to work next week rested and refreshed.

No comments:

Post a Comment