Friday, November 4, 2011

thirty days of thanksgiving 4

But Jesus call for the children, saying, "Let the little children come to me and do not try to stop them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.
- Luke 18:16

I can't resist a baby. They are a squishy, slobbery, cuddly piece of heaven.

And my great-nephew is at the top of my loving list. He is such a sweet baby.

He's about 4 months old, and everyday he is doing something new.

I usually don't see him during the middle of the week, just weekends. But for the last week, I've managed to spend several of my evenings with him.

He is learning to make new noises. And has gotten really accurate with putting his pacy in and out of his mouth.

I get lost in the blue eyes, dimples, and happy squeals.

Thursday he went for a check up. That night I got to play with him.  We had a very deep conversation about his doctor's visit. He cooed and squealed and giggled at every question I asked him. He had a lot to say about that doctor.


Heavenly Father, thank you for blessing our family with a precious, healthy baby. Thank you for the joy and love that comes with a baby. I ask that you be with all parents who are patiently waiting the delivery of their precious baby. Please bless them with a safe delivery and a healthy child. Be with all of those couples who so desperately want to be parents. Hear their prayers, Father. Be with all of the families who are praying for a sick baby. Lord, touch those children with your healing hands. And Lord, I lift up to you all those parents who are mourning the loss of a child. Fill them with a peace that passing understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment