Wednesday, November 2, 2011

thirty days of thanksgiving 2

God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them be signs to indicate seasons and days and years, and let them serve as lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth." It was so.
- Genesis 1:14-15

For since the creation of the world his invisible attributes - his eternal power and divine nature - have been clearly seen, because they are understood through what has been made. So people are with out excuse.
 - Romans 1:20

For every creation of God is good and no food is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving.
- 1Timothy 4:4


I love this time of year - the golden afternoon light, the bright blue skies, the bright orange leaves of a Sycamore tree contrasted against the stark white bark. Right now, fall is my favorite season.

But in the winter when I'm bundled up drinking a cup of coffee and watching a soft snow fall on the deck, or I'm with Lovey feeding cows and laughing at just how many layers of clothes a man can squeeze on and still be cold, that will be my favorite season.

Then in the spring when I've had a glorious Easter Sunday with family, hunting eggs and flying kites, and I'm sitting on the couch exhausted and stuffed, that will be my favorite season.

And when school finally ends, and I'm reading in my end of the camper listening to a gaggle of teenagers piled in the opposite end playing video games and reliving the day's tube or knee board rides, that will be my favorite season.

Each day, if I take the time to notice, I can see God in His creation. Each day, if I take the time to notice, God reveals His love for me through that same creation.

Father God, I thank you for your amazing creation. Thank you for creating a home for us that provides for our every need. Thank you for the changing seasons, for beautiful sunrises and sparkling night skies. Thank you for surrounding us in the natural beauty of flowers and trees, birds and animals. And help me Lord to remember to not take your creation for granted. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment