Monday, January 23, 2012

country boy special

I've posted several times lately about trying new recipes. And I may have mentioned that Lovey doesn't always appreciate the NEW in the new recipes. In the twenty plus years that we have been married, he has tried lots of new things. Like camping. And wearing jeans that aren't Levi's. And footwear that's not a workboot. And a sandwich on something besides Wonder bread. I have broadened his horizon!

But every now and then, I don't push the new. After all, I don't want to change him - I like country boys. So tonight I made him a very happy man.


When he asked, "What's for supper?" I surprised him with the country boy special. Country fried steak, mashed potatoes, gravy, peas, and cornbread.

It has been a very, very long time since I made country fried steak. I had forgotten just how good it tastes.

2 comments:

  1. That looks good! And takes me back to my southern days... Thank you for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete