Tuesday, January 3, 2012

let the countdown begin

We have had some great weather here in Arkansas this winter. There have been very few dark, dreary, cold days. As a matter of fact, while we were out of school for Christmas break, I was able to run many of my errands with my sun roof open. And two of those days I sat outside in the sunshine to swing my sweet great-nephew to sleep at naptime.

But it is still winter. And we aren't on daylight savings time. And it gets dark so early. So very early. However, yesterday I noticed that it was 5:36 p.m. and still daylight. I just had to tweet my sister. I knew that she would be excited about that fact.

The temperature has been so pleasant. Even on days that were a little below 60, I could comfortably stay outside because the sun was so bright. And then, today when I had to return to work and have parking lot duty - 20 degrees! I'm not at all a cold natured person, but 20 degrees was a bit chilly for even me.

At lunch I checked Facebook, and a friend posted that we only have 10 more Tuesdays until spring break! Did you catch that? Ten. More. Tuesdays. 10! Sounds do-able for sure.

AND...I've gotten in a 30 minute walk for the last three days. Even though today was a tutoring day and I didn't get home until almost 5, I was able to walk for 30 minutes and beat the dark by about 10 minutes.

I was thinking this morning that I needed to put a countdown to Benchmark in my classroom. And now I'm thinking we need a countdown to spring break in the teacher's workroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment