Tuesday, January 17, 2012

phase one complete

And it only took about three or four years.

A few weeks ago I posted some of plans for  projects I want to complete - have wanted to complete for some time now - and have finally made up my mind that they WILL get done. One of those projects was to do a redesign/repurpose of this dresser.


When I got it, I knew that I wanted that mirror hanging over my mantle. And with just a few changes, it's now there.

First, I had to guilt Lovey into going to get his tools - that was really the hardest part of the entire project. He easily removed the mirror from the dresser. And then carefully pried the braces from the back of the mirror.


Those lighter spots are where the braces used to be. And yes, he used that crowbar and hammer.

Then we attached brackets and a wire for hanging. Lucy Mercer wanted so much to help.


Once the brackets were in place, Lovey realized he had forgotten the ladder when he went to get the tools. I knew that he had but didn't want to tell him because I thought he might put off finishing the project. Next we had to install the hanger on the wall. This step involved climbing a ladder - definitely not a job for me. It scared me just watching him climb.


Lovey stood on the ladder while Baby Jus and I lifted the mirror into place.


Finally, it's just where I wanted it.


Those old spools were given to me by a dear friend. And those roosters were in my grandma's house when I was little. I have an idea for other things I want to add - I'll just have to hunt and gather them. Maybe it won't take me three years.

Tomorrow night Lovey has to remove the legs from the dresser so that I can finish phase two of the dresser re-do.

Linking up with
Tuesday Talent Show at Chef in Training

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!!! ....and I love the spools!!!!LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. why thank you dear - someone with very good taste gave them to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love it! It looks great! A very creative idea! I would love it if you would link this up to the Tuesday Talent Show this Tuesday at Chef in Training! I hope to see you next Tuesday!
    -Nikki
    Chef in Training
    http://www.chef-in-training.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank nikki. i'll see you tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this!! I am your newest follower. I found you on a link party!!! If you would like to check out my blog too. And follow me back. That would be wonderful!! I am kind of new to blogging, but excited to share ideas and recipes. And doing giveaways for Mineral makeup.

    -Brooke
    for-the-luv-of.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. brooke, thanks for stopping by and for following. i'm headed to your place now.

    Mer

    ReplyDelete