Monday, January 2, 2012

my 2012 resolutions

Have you made resolutions for 2012? Did you make resolutions for 2011? I'm not big on making them, maybe because I know I won't keep them.

BUT....I've been doing some thinking, and I have a few for this year.

Like many others, fitness, losing weight, and eating better are on my list.  I am always saying that I need to work on these areas, but this year I've got specifics - and I think that will help.

1.  I will do some kind of exercise at least 5 days a week. Back in the fall, I started the C25K program, but I did something to my knee and had to stop even walking.  I've given it a few months to heal. I'm going to start walking and see where that leads. I think it will be best if I don't do the same thing everyday - I get bored and stop.

2.  I MUST lose some weight. I always set my goals really high and get frustrated when I don't lose enough. This year my goal is to lose 5 pounds a month. That doesn't seem like such a big number - just a little more than a pound a week. But I would be so happy to be 60 pounds lighter next January.

3. I hate to get in a cooking rut. By the end of each season, I am sick of the food I am cooking. This year I will prevent that by cooking at least one new recipe per week. This one sounds easy, but I'm not much of a recipe follower, and that's part of the resolution - I have to follow the recipe (well, sorta follow the recipe).

4. I've been working on a craft/office room. I will finish it and use it often!

5. I will spend more time reading Scripture and in prayer.


So have you written or made resolutions? If so, let me know, and we can help one another to stay on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment